Between 5 and 10 percent of humanity has a rare disease, half of whom are children. The future can be especially tragic for these youngest patients - 30% won’t live to see their 5th birthday. This is because only 5% of rare diseases have approved treatments. We want Rosebud to find cures for that remaining 95%.
Rosebud Biosciences is an early stage startup that develops therapies for rare genetic diseases in children. We do this by modeling human development with organoids that have the same gene mutation as the child, and screen drugs in these models to find cures.
Our patented platform combines organoids, machine learning, and the latest molecular
advances to model genetic diseases quickly, accurately, and at scale. This
drives down the cost and time for pre-clinical testing of novel and re-purposed drugs.
By modeling early life diseases with fetal-like disease models, we expect significantly higher success rates compared to adult disease modeling. Rosebud Biosciences models human development, not degeneration.
Rosebud is actively looking for pharma partners so we can empower other drug development teams with our patient-specific organoid platform. We’re just getting started, and we're seeking two pilot partners interested in heart and/or liver disease drug therapies.
Kitch is a Stanford-trained Physician-Scientist with 14 years’ experience merging human induced pluripotent stem cells (hiPSCs) with genomic and molecular technologies.
Evan is a UC Berkeley-trained Scientist-Engineer with more than 10 years’ experience in advanced microscopy, data engineering, and machine learning.
Aditya is a BU and Johns Hopkins trained scientist with over 6 years of experience in gene editing and stem cell biology.
Scam alert: We are aware of an entity pretending to offer interviews at our company, currently via Telegram. Know that we only contact applicants via email from email addresses with the domain @rosebudbiosci.com.